Right to Buy Your Home

If you live in a council home or, in the case of some housing association tenants, you may have what is known as the ‘Right to Buy' your home. Usually, if you have been a tenant in a property for more than a year, you will be entitled to purchase the property at a discounted price.

If you are interested in exercising the Right to Buy, you should speak to your council or housing association, who will be able to provide you with the details of how to apply and the terms on which they would be prepared to sell the property to you. At that stage, you will require a lawyer, who will act for you and your mortgage lender to ensure that all matters are in order for your purchase to take place.

We pride ourselves on providing you with easy-to-understand information throughout the process, with regular updates along the way. You can e-mail or call us at any time to check on the progress of your matter.

We also offer – at no extra charge – an appointment in our offices with one of our partners to go through all of the paperwork or, where it's more convenient for you, we can complete the process via post and telephone.

Please feel free to call us on 0113 236 2334 to discuss your needs or email us for a quote.